If you read or follow my blog and FB page, you know that I like to cook large amounts of meat at a time, to create easier and less time consuming meals for future use.
In this blog post, I give directions on cooking two whole chickens, to be used for four future meals. Cooking chicken in the Instant Pot works beautifully.
Instructions for cooking two whole chickens:
1. Place wire rack (that came with Instant Pot) in the bottom.
2. Add five cups of water (I freeze the broth for later use).
3. Place chickens on wire rack.
4. Place lid on Instant Pot and set release valve in the “sealing” position.
5. For two whole chickens that are not frozen, cook 30 minutes on high pressure, then natural pressure release. For two whole chickens that are frozen, cook 60 minutes on high pressure, then natural pressure release.
6. Remove chicken from Instant Pot and let it cool long enough to debone.
7. Debone chicken.
This is how much chicken I had after deboning.
8. Divide it into five servings. I use enough chicken for the evening meal, then freeze four portions for later use.
9. Strain and freeze broth.
At the end of the day, it is so convenient to pull the pre-cooked chicken out of the freezer and proceed with cooking supper. This saves me so much time and effort!
My next post will include a quick and delicious meal cooked with one of your bags of chicken. Go ahead and purchase two whole chickens, cook them in the Instant Pot, freeze in zipper bags and get ready!
Cooking Bulk Chicken for Future Recipes (Part 1) ©Camelia Elliott “All Rights Reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise, without written permission of the publisher.”